The contribution offered by the Armed Forces during extreme weather conditions is valuable and multifaceted.
For about 20 hours now since the government’s request for the Army’s assistance so as to deal with the consequences of the bad weather wave “Elpida” that has severely hit Attica, men, and women of the Armed Forces have been on duty helping our fellow citizens in need in every possible way.
Apart from the means, digging machines, trucks, track-laying vehicles, vehicles capable of moving in the snow, the Armed Forces were next to the citizens trapped on Attiki Avenue, but also other streets of Attica, offering food, water, blankets, clothes, and fuel.
As for the release of those trapped, the evidence is revealing of the immediate and effective intervention of the Armed Forces, which once again offers valuable assistance to the State.
Also read: Advantage® 3000 Masks | Donation to the Fire Service from the US Embassy – VIDEO US
- The total participation of personnel and means of the Hellenic Armed Forces in-vehicle release operations is shown below:
– L.Kymi exit (10), 2 vehicles with 8 people with the task of releasing vehicles, distributing food. One vehicle with 4 people has been released.
– Penteli exit (12), 9 vehicles with 44 people, with the task of releasing vehicles, distributing food and blankets. Six vehicles with 20 people have been released.
– Kifissia exit (11), 8 vehicles with 34 people, and 2 Vehicles (1 Wheel Loader, 1 Caterpillar), with the task of releasing vehicles and removing snow from Attiki Avenue. One vehicle with 4 people has been released.
– Duchess Placentia exit (13), 6 vehicles with 35 people, with the task of releasing vehicles, distributing food and blankets. Two vehicles with 4 people have been released.
– Marathon exit (15), 5 vehicles with 61 people, and the task of releasing vehicles, distributing food and blankets.
– Kantzas exit (17), 3 vehicles with 31 people with the task of distributing food and blankets. Two vehicles with 10 people have been released.
– Paiania exit (18), 1 vehicle with 5 people, and with the task of distributing food. It has been released.
– Area A/D DAAEB, 1 Caterpillar with the task of snow removal.
- A total of 232 people, 38 vehicles, and 3 machines were made available for the release operations. A total of 1,040 blankets, 4,500 bottles of water, 570 servings of food, 120 sandwiches, 200 croissants, 160 chocolates, and 40 bottles of cognac were distributed.
- Gradually the above sections will be replaced where required by the care of those involved.
- In addition, in coordination with ESKEDIK, 5 vehicles with food and water are on the move since 05:30 at the exits of Doukissis Plakentias (1 vehicle), Marathon (2 vehicles), and Kantzas (2 vehicles) for distribution to trapped people.
Also read: Joint Rescue Coordination Center (JRCC) | Establishment of educational Research and Rescue Center and Alternative Operations Center
Cyprus | Acquisition of ten new Fast Patrol Vessels for the Cyprus Police
The Ministry of Justice and Public Order of the Republic of Cyprus has ordered ten (10) new Fast Patrol Vessels from Finnish Kewatec.
NIS | Brings espionage case to light
The National Intelligence Service has disclosed the way foreign services operate and infiltrate the country, according to its announcement.
Cyprus Police | FRONTEX operation for the return of third country nationals with the participation of nine European countries
Twenty third-country nationals, who were illegally in Cyprus, left the day before yesterday for their country, as part of a coordinated…
Netherlands | Host of €1 billion NATO fund
The Netherlands will host a new €1 billion NATO fund that will invest in European start-ups developing technology with potential military…
Ministry of Foreign Affairs | Acceptance of Greece’s request for observer status in the Caribbean Community
The Caribbean Community (CARICOM) accepted on Friday, March 17, 2023, the Greek request for Greece’s participation in CARICOM as…
The new Second Lieutenants Anna Korakaki and Miltos Tentoglou
By a joint decision of the Minister of Defence, Nikos Panagiotopoulos, and the Deputy Minister of Sports, Lefteris Avgenakis, all athletes…
EDA | Collaborative Procurement of Ammunition by EU Member-States
Eighteen states signed on Monday the European Defence Agency (EDA) project arrangement for the collaborative procurement of ammunition to…
Iran – Iraq | Sign agreement on “border protection”
Ali Shamkhani, a top official of Iranian Security, signed an agreement the day before yesterday in Baghdad to “protect the borders” of…
Skopje | Confirms delivery of Su-25 fighters to Ukraine
Skopje finally proceeded with the delivery of Su-25 close air support fighter jets to Ukraine, according to the country’s Defence Minister…