The Forestry Department’s fleet is being reinforced with twenty-five new fire engines ahead of the forthcoming summer season.

The air traffic in the United Kingdom has been gradually restored, even though the government has ordered a thorough investigation into the reasons that led to Monday’s blackout.
Hundreds of flights had been canceled, postponed, or delayed due to a technical problem reported to Britain’s National Air Traffic Service (NATS).
For hours, flights not only to and from Britain, but also those that would use the country’s airspace had been blocked, resulting in thousands of passengers being stranded at airports. NATS was forced to curtail the flow of aircraft after the problem affected the system’s ability to automatically process flight plans.
The blackout caused hundreds of flights across the country to be canceled and those not canceled were actually delayed, stranding thousands of passengers. The inconvenience was greater for families with children, who were returning from their summer holidays.
The technical problem affected the flight planning system and forced carriers to manually enter flight plans, resulting in a spate of delays and cancellations.
Airline officials said that they had not faced a similar problem for almost a decade.
The costs for the airlines are expected to exceed 110 million euros. The assessment was made to the BBC by the head of the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Willie Walls, while the managing director of the British National Air Traffic Service (NATS), Martin Rolfe, assured that the problem has been fixed and will not happen again.
Martin Rolf noted that the technical problem was caused by a flight plan that was not “standard enough”. Ryanair criticized NATS for not having a backup system. Airlines are now scrambling to help get travelers back.
British Transport Secretary, Mark Harper, said that he was working with NATS to help manage the affected flights and provide support to passengers. Rolf added that NATS is trying to help airlines.
Source: Euronews
Also read: Disease X | Scientists working on a vaccine for a possible next pandemic
READ MORE
Nova ICT | Undertaking the Implementation of the National Crisis Management System and National Database in Civil Protection
The contract for the implementation of the National Crisis Management System and National Database in Civil Protection was…
Poland | “Survival Guide” for Citizens in Case of Crises
Poland’s government will distribute a “survival guide” to all households in the country this year, aimed at preparing citizens…
HCDI | The Programmatic Horizon of Research and Development Projects for 2025
The Hellenic Defence Innovation Center (HCDI) announced its Programmatic Horizon of Research and Development Projects for 2025, which…
RAFNAR Hellas | New Shipyard in Lavrio, Expansion in Keratea, and New 62-Foot Vessel
RAFNAR Hellas has announced the official opening of its new state-of-the-art shipyard and headquarters in Lavrio, along with a…
IVECO DEFENCE VEHICLES – METLEN | Strategic Alliance for the Hellenic Army’s Military Truck Fleet Modernisation
METLEN and Iveco Defence Vehicles (IDV) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), establishing an exclusive collaboration…
Prisma Electronics | Delivery of the First Systems for the FDI Frigates
Prisma Electronics has successfully delivered the first systems for the FDI frigates, having passed all rigorous acceptance…
Massive Ancient Greek Defensive Wall Unearthed in Croatia
An ancient Greek defensive wall, dating back at least 2,000 years, has been uncovered near the Adriatic coast of Croatia, the…
Airbus | Demonstration of LOAD Against Kamikaze Drones
At the “Unmanned Systems X” trade show held in Bonn, Germany, on 25-26 March, Airbus introduced its new unmanned air defence system, LOAD.
